Cooked in the Garden Kitchen
Growing, cooking & eating in the garden is one of life’s simple pleasures.
Setting up a large trestle in the vegetable patch, a camping gas ring and digging up new potatoes from the ground, brought the inside, underground and outside together in one place!
Honest New Potatoes
With little frost this year, our new potatoes are ready.
Loose-skinned and delicate, freshly dug, washed and boiled new potatoes create a seasonal stand along garden snack or simple side dish.
Freshly dug New Potatoes
Garden Kitchen Set Up
Herbed New Potatoes Recipe
This recipe is simple, honest and so tasty.
- Wash the soil off the potatoes carefully and avoid removing the delicate skins (the skin provides the flavour!)
- Early new potatoes tend to be small (only half or quarter if really big).
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and just a bit more, add a pinch of Cornish Sea Salt.
- Add a few sprigs of Garden Mint to the water
- Bring pan to boil & then down to simmer for about 15 mins. Potatoes are ready when a knife easily slices into the middle.
- Serve when dry with a splash of olive oil and finely diced Red & White onions.
Washed Potatoes & Fresh Mint
Diced White & Red Onion
Delicate Side Dish
Simple and delicious Herb New Potatoes side dish.
Olive Oil & Garden Herbs